Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hit and Run




1. 2012: The Movie.

Review: Sight Unseen.

Are you fucking kidding me?

If you believe like I do that the World of Woo bullshit has to stop somewhere, some time, boycott this piece of shit. Don't see it. Don't rent it. Don't watch it on cable. I know our non-contribution to the supernatural bullshit mill will be as a fart in a wind tunnel, but it's the principle of the thing. It's one thing for Mel Gibson to regurgitate the anti-Semitic Passion Play from the Dark Ages. That wheezing, hurdy-gurdy of a religious scam is still going strong. It's quite another to revive the defunct superstition of a defunct, pre-Colombian civilization. That's just fucking stupid in light of the very provable fact that there are people here who are so brain-blasted by the everyday social bullshit that they will believe ANYTHING.

2. Applebee's has announced that they will give free food to Veterans and active Military Personnel on Veteran's Day. Consider taking the day off from work and providing shuttle service from your neighborhood VA Hospitals and Homeless Shelters. There are Veterans out there who could use a free meal, and I'm sure they are not the customers Applebee's had in mind when they made this offer.

6 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous rita said...

Have you checked out Geddon Gear? The post apocalyptic superstore. :)

Seriously, it amazes me how gullible people are. I sometimes wonder if it's too large of a percentage of the population to keep a sane balance. That's why the religious nuttery in the U.S. bothers me so much. It's so mainstream & has been legitimized by the state. It really leaves the door open to believe anything.

That is a good idea about the AppleBee's. We don't have one within 150 miles where I live. I am a big supporter of Veterans for Peace & Winter Soldiers Groups. Both non-religious non profit groups.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Actually the trailer for 2012 shown in the theatres showed all of the best cgi scenes anyway?
Who needs to see the dumbass setup after you've seen the money shot?

Good to see you again :)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

It would be heartening to see healthy vets (probably an oxymoron) and active personnel act as the shuttle service for their brothers and sisters who fell by the wayside. It would throw the travesty of justice for our military folk into blinding, stark relief for the rest of the sheeple to see. Never gonna happen, eh?

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say for the record that H1N1, although not nearly as deadly as the media would love for us to believe, sucks ass anyway.

Thank you.

*shiver*

ILD

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger breakerslion said...

Rita: Thanks for the Geddon Gear link. I'm still laughing.

Donn: How many times? How many times have you walked out of the theater thinking you saw all you needed to see in the trailer? DVD and Cable takes some of the sting out. I know my stomach doesn't miss that 10W popcorn "Petrobuttr".

Kalanchoe542: I didn't wind up taking the day off, but I did try to spread the word among my Vet. friends.

Anonymous: Hang in there. Keep drinking, but best to substitute water for the champagne in the Mimosas for a while. My old family doctor was a fan of diluted OJ. Gets old after a while, but it's good for you.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Resa said...

Jeepers ... my wall calender ends on December 31st! It must mean something!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home