Saturday, May 31, 2008

Give It a Rest!


Taking my own advice, I'm giving the religious, per se, a rest. There seems to be a lot of apologies and PC silliness taking place in recent weeks.




We have become increasingly thin-skinned and easily offended. I think this was a trend even before the whole "image of Muhammed" thing hit the fan on the heels of those Dutch political cartoons. Our culture seems to be increasingly obsessed with other people's gaffes. Either that, or we are constantly on the lookout for excuses to take offense. It is beginning to remind me of all the fake, exaggerated reactions I used to see in the "pro wrestling" matches of my youth.

Rather than just gripe about it, I'm proposing a cure. It's radical, but drastic times call for drastic measures.

Before you read further, know that I am dead serious. I want you to find a quiet corner, or if you're less inhibited, open a window and shout. I really mean it. Do this, don't just read it.

Repeat after me:

EVERYBODY SUCKS!

Now, doesn't that feel better? Now we can all move on without worrying about the particulars of exactly how each of us sucks!

For you South Park fans, the uncensored "fish helmet" scene above is widly acknowledged to be a fake by the way.

4 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Webs said...

Excellent Idea! One proposed by many many South Park episodes.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger breakerslion said...

webs: That's why I'm happy to give them the nod. Trey and Matt do not discriminate.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here! I'm with you there.

One of the reasons I don't own a Television, I avoid most of the yapping & whining.

It is sad how we human beings love to put each other down.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I figuratively suck..
BIG TIME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home