Sunday, October 07, 2007

Evolution Meme Tag



Delta tagged me with the evolution meme tag a while back. In short:

Five posts to Illustrate the evolution of this blog. Then I’m supposed to tag 5 other bloggers. I’m not going to do that. If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged if you haven’t been by now.

First post, my first serious post. I actually got into this scene to get an avatar and comment on other people’s blogs. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with this. Confusion of ideas 101, class 1 This was kind of a mission statement. I was playing with the format of a college class structure, and I stuck with that for some time. I wasn’t sure who my audience was going to be, so now I look at this and wonder, does it seem condescending? Not my intention. I was going to be a teacher at one time, then I decided the politics and red tape made it too difficult to teach in this country. I’m not good with authority figures and stuffed-shirt petit bureaucrats. (can I get a ,“No shit!”?) I return to this format once in a while, usually if I discover some dirty mindfuck trick that I had not recognized before and that is not directly covered in the list of fallacious arguments.

Second post, 6 months later. I start to comment on other people’s observations. Anatomy of a Social Disease

Third post. In Ax 17, versus 22-34, I take on scriptural interpretation of my favorite con man, Paul. This was part two of a two-parter. I think I enjoyed writing it more than my readership enjoyed reading it. I toyed with doing a more jaundiced interpretation than the Skeptic’s annotated Bible, but realized it would be a lot of work. I learned from this, and did a little better send up of the Passover “Miracles”.

In April 2006, I tried to get some audience participation going without resorting to meme tagging. I was posting more regularly back then and had a few more steady readers. I quickly learned with Find the Money that my audience was too individualistic to enjoy directed writing projects.

In The Neverending Godfomercial, part n, I supply a definition for one of my pet phrases and go a little nuts with the links.

That’s five, but “Miracles” is kind of a bonus post, so I’ll make this a throw-away. This is the first time I figured out how to post a video from You-Tube. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Delta said...

Thanks, it's interesting to read about your blogs evolution from your perspective. I always enjoy your posts. With some bloggers the posts seem fairly predictable, but yours are generally very diverse and thought-provoking.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Those were all great posts.
I'm with delta on this one, I enjoy your posts, too.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

Thanks you two. I really value your opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home