Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I've Been Tagged!




Five reasons why God hates me:

5. When I was four, I just knew that Superman could kick his ass in a fair fight (no Kriptonite).

4. When I was nine, I just knew that bowing your head in church was a holdover from the days of “peek-a-boo” shenanigans (“magical”changes while no one is looking).

3. When I was fifteen, I suspected that Jesus’ success at healing the lame came from the ability to observe strong leg muscles and feet with dirt and calluses on the bottom (whispering, “You’re a fake. Either I get to heal you, or I expose you”).

2. When I was nineteen, I was pretty sure that He was real only in the same sense that Superman, Bugs Bunny, or Santa is real.

1. I can deny his material existence, but He can’t deny mine.

Image stolen from: http://www.dancollinscartoons.com


5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

That was worth waiting for. ;]

1. I can deny his material existence, but He can’t deny mine. nice Philosophical approach.

4. When I was nine, I just knew that bowing your head in church was a holdover from the days of “peek-a-boo” shenanigans (“magical”changes while no one is looking). I see that now but I always thought it was my fault when miracles didn't happen when i was nine.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger breakerslion said...

I had a Grandfather that did sleight-of-hand and misdirection magic tricks. That helped me develop a healthy skepticism.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

You were fortunate. I had my fanatical Pentecostal mother to deal with...I was exposed to some weird shit! One thing, I was always taught to feel guilty for having a lack of faith. It carried over when I grew up & willingly became a born-again Christian. But, the constant pricking of my conscience, forced me to really examine the concepts of faith & belief. So I could not say it was a bad thing to go through the christian experience. I'm just glad I came out on the other side. :)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

Some say that faith is hope followed by trust. No wonder that those who follow the Christian faith are so botched up. Look at the role models they are all supposed to trust. Gah!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger The Editor said...

I used to ask God to make the postman deliver things that particular day, like the Brooke-Bond tea card album of 'Transportation Through The Ages'.

Even then it seemed a bit illogical, I mean where would the intervention take place? If it was on its way, it was on its way. Well my requests went unanswered, apart from the day it arrived, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home