Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring Break


It has been a while since my last post. I am still tied up with other pressing affairs, so it might be a while before my next one. A few comments before I submerge myself again:

It seems an insane shame to me that no Muhammad version of this can be made without some numbnuts believing that he must kill the maker for making it. My set will never be complete without one.

Beast, you are right, my last post was too long, but I didn't want to break it up.

This was not, strictly speaking, intended to be an atheist blog. As the name suggests, it was intended to expose the techniques used to dominate, hypnotize, persuade, and scam the trusting and gullible. Since I consider religion to be the world's oldest scam, I guess it's only natural that I go there so often. I also consider the distinction between a cult and an accepted denomination to be one of only minor differences. As for the ideological differences leading to conflict between faiths, I think they are neatly summed up by Carroll's imagery of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

I'm going to try to get back to the roots of this blog, and I am also going to try to pick on Islam a little for balance. Islam seems to me to be an even bigger game of "Simon says", and an even bigger ignorance factory. I once had a devotee describe Saladin to me in terms that would make one think he walked about handing out posies. Right... and Hitler was nice to blond and blue-eyed children too. Two opposite distortions do not result in reality.

5 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of the fantasy-world ideologies deserve the same treatment. I increasingly feel that they all are dragging us into the abyss and we need to start waking them up before it's too late.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Yes, you have been away for too long.

I, too have the same purpose to my blog - and like you, I recognize that religion is just too large of a con to ignore.

Islam is the best example of a religion that has managed to achieve a full-fledged theocracy.

The American Fundimentalist movement can only dream of a Taliban style society of their own but fortunately we live in a democracy that serves, to some degree, to prevent this from occurring.

This is why Muslims are having difficulty exercising their indoctrination rituals in public - western countries exhibit more diverse societies and behavior that is encouraged in a theocractic society can only cause friction in a largely secular culture such as ours.

Muslims are no more special than Xtians, or Jews or Wiccans or Alien abductees. Yet they insist on forcing others to "respect" theirs.

No deal.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger BEAST FCD said...

Taking a spring break is fine. I was just wondering if your debate with Streetpologist is still on.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger BEAST FCD said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

I am awaiting his reply to "Teddy", and I will check out his blog today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home