Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Station Break

I interrupt the usual flow of ideas for this special bulletin. Pope Benedict the meaningless Roman numeral has set a new papal record for pinning my bullshit meter all the way to the right. In a speech yesterday, he referred to “Europe’s Christian roots.” Europe’s roots are pagan. They will always be pagan, no matter how much history intervenes. Christianity did not “take root” in Europe, it was forced upon it by the simple expedient of periodically slaughtering any group that refused to adopt it. Christianity’s roots are in the Middle East. Beyond the fact that Ye-shua /Iasus/Jesus was born and lived there, Christianity came to Europe through Byzantium, which is now ironically the Islamic nation of Turkey. No amount of wishful thinking or revisionist history will change these facts except in the minds of the hypnotized. I now return you to your regularly scheduled blogs.

5 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

*in a twisted Cockney accent* NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition.........

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

By the way, I found your blog by reading Hellbound Alleee's page. She has some serious issues with the Church, Catholic or otherwise. I am sensing an undercurrent of sarcasm in your commentary that would make me believe that you have had some unpleasant interactions with a religious figure in your life. Is that what has created the desire to put the church 'In it's place" so to speak, or does it come from something deeper? Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate the principles set forth by Christian doctrine other than the concepts of charity and decency to our fellow hu(sic)man...

And yes, Pagans were around a long time before Christianity reared it's ugly head. As you probably know, all the major Christian holidays are fashioned after Pagan festivals, in order to get the common folk to accept them with less rancor. I mean, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus? Halloween? Give me a break. I know imitation is supposedly the highest form of flattery, but it can also be used to usurp the place occupied by the genuine article. That is one of the things that really steams me. If you are going to do it right, be ORIGINAL, for crying out loud.

OK, off my soapbox...........

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very brilliant discussion here! I like it!

To continue for Kalanchoe542: Our chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear, fear and surprise Our TWO chief weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency Our FOUR weapons are....

PS Michael Palin had a cockney accent? Are you sure?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

Of course I'm not sure, I think it was more like a Yorkshire Dales thing he was aiming at, but then, I am not British... ;-)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

Pope Benedict is DoublePlusGood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home